About Midland College Music
Welcome to Midland College's Department of Music, home to a thriving and impressive music program!
Since the founding of MC's Allison Fine Arts building in 1978, our music program has offered a full range of courses and performing opportunities for students with previous musical experience and for those coming to the study of music for the first time. So, whether you are considering our Music Major Transfer Program or just looking for opportunities to play music, we have a caring and dedicated family of music faculty ready to help you realize your musical ambitions.
At Midland College, the study of music is vibrant. The Department of Music currently has more than 390 students participating in a variety of music ensemble, history, instrumental, theory and vocal music courses. With thirteen professional music faculty members on staff, our students enjoy low student-to-faculty ratios. This is how we have developed a strong reputation for music education in West Texas: by providing students with much one-on-one personal attention. Our music program's commitment to excellence can also be seen through several forward-thinking achievements:
- In 2009, the Department of Music opened the Permian Basin's most advanced music lab to date, the Bryce and Isabel McClintic Rea Center for Music Technology & Creativity.
- In 2010, Midland College became the first institution in West Texas and the fourth community college in the nation to be designated an All-Steinway School.
- In 2010, the Department of Music became the first music program in the Permian Basin to incorporate PianoDisc technology into its grand pianos.
- In 2012, the Department of Music became the first music program in West Texas to use theatre-quality surround sound technology for teaching music history.
- In 2013, Midland College became the first community college in the world to be designated a Conn-Selmer School.
So, if you are searching for a quality music education with knowledgeable faculty, you will find what you are looking for at Midland College's Music Department. We encourage you to explore our site to learn more about the many opportunities you have for music study here at MC. Feel free to send us any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!